Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Well, that was easy!

I've got the blog set up now! Yay! Wish writing the novel was as easy. It rolls along quickly for a while, then gets bogged down as I try to work through where it's going next, or what details need to be included to make it more real to the reader. Naming some characters has taken up whole days at times, researching names online and in various books I have at hand. Such problems can be very frustrating, and it's not the best thing that it's so easy to access the internet via my computer - I can get distracted and waste a lot of what would be good writing time if I'm not careful! But then again, if the writing were flowing well, I wouldn't be tempted to read my email or what the latest news is on The Leaky Cauldron. *sigh* I LOVE my characters, and the story seems to be a good one (fingers tightly crossed - darned hard to type this way!), but at times the story just drives me bonkers!! *I* think it's good. I love it when I read it - it reads really well. But does it move fast enough?? I'm enjoying exploring and developing the personalities of my characters. I'm enjoying watching them learn magic, make new friends, find girlfriends. . .but as you can see from my posts so far, it's REALLY easy for me to type a lot of words in a short time (well, you can't see how fast I type, but trust me, I'm really good at typing!!!). At some point, I'm going to have to cut whole sections from the novel to tighten it up and make it flow better. That's going to be hard for me, becuase I enjoy all the scenes in it so far. Ah well. Enough griping for tonight. It will be interesting to see if anyone responds to this blog.

Abraxan

No comments:

Post a Comment