Monday, July 10, 2006

Progress!!

I have had a VERY busy day, with little time for writing. Let's see, it's (digging watch out of pocket - the band was making my arm itch when I was working in the barn this afternoon) nearly 9:30 PM now. I had an hour this afternoon and about 45 minutes just now to write, and in that time, managed to do about 7 or 8 pages on my new HP fic, "Beginnings"! And they're GOOD pages! Single-spaced, not double-spaced anywhere except for scene breaks. I THINK the story is finished (it's 54 pages now, and was SUPPOSED to be a "ficlet" - NOT! LOL!). I'll have to look through it in a couple of days to see if I'm still happy with it, then send it to the betas (IF I'm happy with it!). They're busy with my first novel, so I have no idea how quickly they can get this fic back to me. My HP readers will be delighted with this story, though. It covers a wedding and a lot of other "beginnings" of things mentioned in the epilogue of my HP novel, "The Time of Destiny."

I've thought out a lot of stuff for the second "Star Sons" novel but still haven't had time to put any of it to paper. I finished some research on fairies and put my notes in my computer files for reference. That's all the actual WORK I did on the novel today. And I haven't had time to paint or sculpt, which is frustrating. I spent most of the day running errands (which is rare for me, thank goodness): Lowe's for more mulch (it's done at last and looks great!); Target and Lowe's looking for an airtight container for my horses' treats (bugs have gotten into the covered bucket I've been using, yuck); um, what else? Grocery, bank, PO, library, cat to vet this afternoon (he needed an allergy shot) - everything just took so much TIME! Argh. And I'm jealous of my time. I really wanted to do some painting today. I also need to take pics of my hubby's horse, Pepper, so I can build an armature and start a sculpture of him soon. And I have this novel eating holes in my brain, keeping me awake at night with scenes racing through my mind! ARGH! And then there's riding my horse, which didn't get done today either. *sigh* There aren't enough hours in the day, that's all there is to it! But I did make progress on that HP story, and got some research done. There. I looked on the bright side! And that's where I'll end this for now!

OOOOO! Late news!! I just got the beta job on the first five chapters of "Star Sons" from one of my betas! She didn't find too many problems with it, YAY! And my Brit-picker has sent the first parts of her beta job, too. Can't wait to see what the others have to say! I'm going to TRY to wait until I hear from ALL of them before I look at "Star Sons" again, so I'll see it with fresh eyes.

And with that, I'm signing off and going to make "lap time" for my cat and dog (another thing that takes time, but needs to be done, and I do enjoy it!)

Off to spend time with my hubby, Mickey (the dog), Jake (my cat) and Cricket (hubby's cat).

Abraxan

No comments:

Post a Comment