Sunday, September 06, 2009

Poor neglected blog

I'm a bad, bad blogger!  I've been so busy with my new horse (Ricos, who I got at the end of October - he's the one I'm riding in my new picture here) and learning to ride dressage that EVERYTHING else has been neglected!  Now I'm back to sculpting and writing and blogging as well!  And I'm still riding! 

My second novel is languishing in the land of neglect for the moment.  Other inspiration has hit me and I'm pursuing that for the moment.  The other inspiration is another original story (novel?  Perhaps) and a new HP story I'm writing to keep my fans happy and to help publicize the second novel when it's published. I'm venturing in a new directions with the HP story, which will be a good way for me to polish different ways of doing things before I get very far on the new original story.

I've nearly finished my Andalusian stallion sculpture, which will be offered as both a stallion and as a Pegasus.  I'll get one of the bronzes sent to me with no patina and will create wings that will fit him precisely, then mark on the bronze where they go.  After that, the foundry will know how to mount them the way I want.  I've tried every way I can think of to create an armature for a winged horse that would stand the vibration of shipping (I'm in Ohio, my foundry's in Oregon), but every one I came up with just wasn't stable enough.  Doing the wings separately seems to be the better idea.  You can see pics of him in progress on this page: http://www.thesculptedhorse.com/feather.html

My sculpting book, "Sculpting 101:  A Primer for the Self-taught Artist" Second Edition, ISBN# 978-0-9723805-3-9, is now published.  You can order it directly from me or from Amazon or other book sites, and from brick-and-mortar bookstores as well for $19.95 plus s/h. has been completely updated and has new chapters covering how to pack a raw sculpture for shipping, how to safely ship bronzes to customers and how to build a carriage.

I'm now on Facebook and Twitter, if you'd like to follow me there.  Just look for "Lynda Sappington."  That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment