Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"Feather"

It's always fun when I get a new bronze from the foundry for the first time!  I've just received "Feather" and it's wonderful to see how he turned out.  He's 9" long x 8" high x 3 3/4" wide including the turned head and flying mane.

 

As you can see, he's available in both bay and silver.  He was intended to be a Pegasus, but after cutting him apart four times to try various armatures for the wings, I decided any wings I put on him would vibrate too much in shipping and damage the horse.  I had one bronze sent to me with no patina on it so I can make wings to fit it and mark where they go on the bronze.  Hopefully doing it that way will work!

If you'd like to see pictures of "Feather" as a work in progress as well as pictures of him with his first set of wings, click here:  "Feather"

2 comments: