Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Whew!

I just LOVE summer! Especially when I have a whole week with very few appointments, so my time is my own. So I spent time riding my horse a while ago, and now have to clean stalls and the tack room, but that time gives me thinking time. My novel is so close to finished now - I'm about to begin the big climactic battle, yay!! I wish I had even more uninterrupted hours in the day so I could get into the story and STAY there rather than having to answer the phone when my foundry calls about a bronze casting I've ordered for a customer ("Just Trying to Help" http://www.thesculptedhorse.com/trying.html) That call reminded me I needed to call my other foundry to get them to cast a "Harmony" for me (http://www.thesculptedhorse.com/harmony.html) so I will have one to show in my booth at Equine Affaire in the fall, since I sold my Artist's Proof and the only other casting I have is in the USDF Hall of Fame at the Kentucky Horse Park!

Business keeps getting in the way, but the writing is going so well! I've gotten the characters and the "world" established, the little bit of romance for this novel has been written (there will be more in future books) and some fighting has happened. Now it's time for the big battle that will be the climax of this book, then a little cleanup stuff after and I'm DONE! I've given myself a June 30 deadline for the first draft of the novel. I'm hoping I'll finish early so I can have time to re-read and polish it before sending it to my betas. BOY I'm eager for somebody other than me to read it!!! I sure hope they like it! I think it's a good read so far, but then again, it's my baby, so I could be seeing it through eyes of love. . .ack! :-)

Abraxan

No comments:

Post a Comment